The Episcopal Church Foundation offers free webinars for congregational leadership teams engaged in the strategic, leadership, and financial topics. The 2017 winter schedule includes webinars on vestry covenants, investment strategies for 2017, planning for the end of life, preaching and leadership, understanding congregational conflict, and more.
- Vestry Covenants: A Great Start to 2017, January 24, 2017 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm EST:
- A covenant can be a powerful tool for helping a vestry or other leadership team to establish group expectations and accountability
- Investment Strategies for Endowments for 2017, January 25, 2017 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm EST: How should you position your endowment/investment fund portfolio for 2017 with the advent of a new administration in Washington?
- Spirits in Scripture and in Today's Church, January 26, 2017 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm EST:
The Rev. Reed Carlson, 2015 ECF Fellow and a doctoral candidate in Hebrew Bible/Old Testament at Harvard University, presents on spirits in early Judaism and Christianity.
- Fulfilling your Wishes and Planning for the End of Life, February 1, 2017 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm EST: Few things are more important than making certain that your assets are distributed as you wish at your death, or ensuring the kind of funeral/memorial service you would desire.
- [Spanish webinar] Orientación de la junta parroquial, February 7, 2017 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm EST: Este webinar le ayudará a entender los papeles, responsabilidades, y las mejores prácticas para la junta parroquial.
- Vestry Orientation, February 9, 2017 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm EST: This webinar will help you understand roles, responsibilities, and best practices for vestries.
- Ways to Let God Lead Your Vestry, February 23, 2017 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm EST:
Presented by the Rev. Dr. Blair Pogue, Rector of St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church in St. Paul, MN, this webinar will discuss how clergy and vestry leaders can re-envision their vestry so members can help the church stay focused on what matters most: what God is up to in the lives of church members and their neighbors.
- Preaching and Leadership, March 7, 2017 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm EST: This webinar will feature three panelists who will discuss and take questions on the connection between preaching, formation, and congregational leadership, as well as their practices for preparing to preach on Sunday.
- First Steps in Understanding Congregational Conflict, March 9, 2017 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm EST: This one-hour webinar will introduce a theological and biblical context for seeing and understanding that conflict is essentially relational.
- You Can Do It Too – Succeeding by Failing Faithfully, March 30, 2017 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm EST: Presented by the Rev. Dr. Robert K. Leopold, ECF Fellow, this webinar is crafted for leaders devoted to discerning the work of the Holy Spirit in their context and wondering how they might get on board.