Diocesan Millennium Development Goals Grant Recipient Recommendation Form
Let not the needy, O Lord, be forgotten; nor the hope of the poor be taken away.
The Outreach Commission of the Episcopal Church of New Hampshire makes an annual award to an organization chosen from recommendations made by congregations. If your congregation is in a relationship with a CHURCH OR ORGANIZATION committed to alleviating poverty overseas, or in a Native American community, please let us know right away.
One or two grants will be awarded, and groups not chosen will be included on the Episcopal Church of New Hampshire website under Outreach Ministries.
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 1.
1. Name of Recommended Organization.
2. Contact Information (both yours and the organization you are recommending).
3. Website Address of Nominated Organization.
4. Short Description of what this organization does.
5. Are you or is someone in your congregation in a relationship or partnership with this organization? If yes, please describe.
6. To what extent and for how long is your church prepared to support the organization/project you are recommending? Will your parish plan to set aside a meaningful amount of money and/or people commited to connect with your nominee?
7. To what extent does the project empower the local community to be self-sufficient, rather than be dependent upon donations? (We are reluctant to recommend projects that want support for operational costs with no plan for a life of their own).
8. How does the project reflect MDG objectives, especially #8 Global partnerships? See www.un.org/millenniumgoals/.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR APPLICATION NEEDS TO BE RECEIVED BY SEPTEMBER 1 IN ORDER FOR THE MDG COMMITTEE TO DISCERN WHICH ORGANIZATION WILL BE CHOSEN FOR THE 2016 GRANT. Grantees will be announced at Diocesan Convention.
The MDG Committee of the Diocesan Outreach Commission is committed to support the MDG award recipient in any way that might be helpful. Our expertise has grown over time and we are willing to share what we have learned. We also strongly suggest that the MDG recipient become part of this Committee by way of occasional teleconference, updates and relationship building.