Province I seeks a Representative to the United Thank Offering Board. Along with loving God and neighbor, the ideal candidate will have been involved with the United Thank Offering as a parish and/or diocesan UTO Coordinator and have a passion for this ministry.
This position is elected from the Province I Episcopal Church Women's (ECW) meeting, which was held last September. No one stood for election and the position will become vacant in July; but, a candidate can be appointed by the Executive Committee of Province I ECW at any time to fill a vacancy.
- The term is for one triennium from the end of General Convention 2015 through the end of General Convention 2018; an additional term may be served.
- This is a working board and some travel is required in addition to electronic meetings and a commitment of time between meetings.
- Travel and meeting expenses of board members are paid within the guidelines of The Episcopal Church.
- The Province Representative is both a member of the UTO Board and a liaison to their province, communicating with and assisting each diocese in their province. Board members also serve on internal UTO Board committees during the triennium.
- UTO grant applications are read by all Board members; for the past several years about 1.5 million dollars was ingathered and awarded annually.
- All Board members promote the ministry of thankfulness through daily thank- offerings and the twice a year parish/diocesan ingatherings.
Please direct any questions about the position or nomination form to Susan Howland, email@example.com or 508-248-6112.